- The WYB objective is to help children learn the game of basketball, practice their skills, and have fun with their friends in a semi-competitive environment. The players are taught teamwork and the fundamentals of basketball. We encourage parents and parent coaches to learn what fundamental skills their sons and daughters should focus upon to play basketball competitively in the future.
- This program will emphasize fundamental skill instruction, fun, and 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 games.
- Clinics/Games are played on 7 consecutive Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. beginning February 12, 2022 through March 26, 2022.
- Clinics/Games will be played at Worthington Rec Center, Worthington Middle Schools, or Worthington Elementary Schools.
- Sessions will be for approximately one hour. The first half will be clinic/instruction and the remaining half will be 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 scrimmage/instruction against another WYB team.
- Sessions will be directed by Bally Sports Group.
- All players will be assigned to a team regardless of skill level and contacted by the coach before the start of the season.
- Teams will be developed based on elementary school, neighborhood, special requests if possible, and/or future middle school.
- Our intent is to have separate boys and girls.
- If any session is canceled due to inclement weather or for any other reason, there will not be additional weeks added after the final session.
- Online registration will begin on December 13 and end on January 16.
- A late fee will be charged for registrations after January 16 provided the league is not already at capacity
- A maximum capacity will be set for registration to fit into the available gym space.
- For your child to be placed on a team, payment is due at the time of registration.
- Per WYB policy, all recreation teams must be made up of residents of the Worthington Local School District or by someone who attends schools within the Worthington School District. Exceptions can be considered if space in the program is open.
- All players, coaches, and spectators will be required to have a mask on over their nose and mouth when entering and exiting the facility.
- All coaches and spectators will be required to wear a mask the entire time while in the facility.
- Masks for players are optional while they are in the gymnasium.
- A red & white reversible jersey is required to be worn at all Saturday sessions.
- An option to purchase a red & white reversible jersey at an additional cost will be available at time of registration or one from a previous season may be used.
- Each player needs to bring an intermediate (28.5") sized basketball to all sessions.
- An option to purchase a basketball at an additional cost will be available at time of registration.
- Players should wear different shoes into the facility than they plan to wear when playing.
- A participation medal will be provided to each player at the final session of the season.
- Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade players will play on an 8 foot basket.
- The cost per player is $90 and includes a T-shirt.
- A red & white reversible jersey may be purchased for an additional $10.
- An intermediate (28.5") sized basketball may be purchased for an additional $10.
- Late fee registration after January 16 is $15.
Please contact program director Bruce Gerber at email@example.com with questions.